Volunteers are the backbone of The Arc of Story County. We cannot thank the volunteers who support The Arc enough for their contributions to the organization. The Arc was established on the ideals of volunteer and community support and it maintains the core of our operations.
Here are a list of just a few of the ways you can become a part of our team at The Arc:
- Volunteer for special events like social dance, fundraisers, and membership events
- Join our leadership as a member of the Board of Directors – click here for application
- Share your talents – event planning, design, construction, organization etc.
- Coach our local Special Olympics Team from The Arc with our Active LifeStyles Program
- Be a volunteer with the Special Olympics Iowa – click here for application
- Become a mentor for a person with a disability
- Support the membership of The Arc through recruitment and membership activities
- Communicate the important issues by working with our communications team
- Assist with general office tasks
- Train individuals how to use CyRide through The Arc’s Transportation Training Program
- Create a connection with another family that has a child with a disability
- Help raise funds and awareness on behalf of The Arc
….and Achieve with US.
Please contact The Arc for more ways you can get involved. We are always open to new and exciting ways to include you!